Monday, April 16, 2012

Hadid Electronics Suffers Fire Desaster

Hadid Electrionics Incorporated, sole distributor of Samsung products in Liberia, yesterday April 10, 2012 gutted fire which brought normal traffic activities on Randall Street to a standstill for more than four hours. Smoke began to rise from the store’s warehouse at about 12:30pm according to eyewitnesses who looked on as firefighters of the Liberia National Fire Service (LNFS), Liberia Petroleum Refinery Company (LPRC), and United Nations Mission in Liberia (UNMIL) struggled to have the fire extinguished by about 5:00pm. According to information gathered from some of the firefighters who braved the thick fumes rushing out of the warehouse, they had problem entering the store which had being on fire before they arrived. Speaking to Mr. G. Warsuwah Banoul Sr. Director of the LNFS, he lauded the effort of the sister fire services that worked along side his agency to contain the fire from not spreading to other buildings that were in close proximity to the scene. He used the occasion to call on archeticture who design buildings to include fire escapes and sprinklers which are vital in dealing with fire before the LNFS and other fire services can come in. He said the firefighter faced problem reaching the source of fire because the building had a one way entrance which was heavily guided by steel door that they had to break through before commencing extinguishing the fire. He said that people needed to revisit the way they constructed houses in the country so as to have enough space between the houses to avoid the fire from spreading to another building if there was an incidence like the one yesterday. Director Banoul cautioned Liberians and business people to be mindful in handling fire because if could be a good servant or a wicked master if it in not handle properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

be moderate and accurate, no abusing.

Index

Amazon MP3 Clips